- Our work permits –after two tries of submitting them over a period of six months—have been approved
- Not only does our whole team have purchased airline tickets, but we all got on the same plane, sitting near each other (that’s 6 adults and 9 children, folks)
- The housing that we wanted in Madang is available and–so far–the owners have said we can come. This is a huge blessing!
- When purchasing the cabinets for our houses in the tribe, we received an unexpected 20% discount off of the total price, saving us thousands of dollars
- Cross-country road trip for the Dodds – We drove through the low-slung deserts of Arizona, the broken mesas of New Mexico, the high plains of Texas, on into the slow-moving bayous of Louisiana and back again over the past two weeks. We were privileged to spend time with some very sweet people in Southlake, Texas–as well as speak with their church’s missions committee–and visited family in Louisiana that we may never see again on this earth.
There is a long list of things we have still to accomplish in the next six and a half weeks and many things you can be praying for. Here are some of the foremost:
- Finish raising the rest of our support. We are at 90% which is amazing, having only really started that aspect of going to PNG in March. Please pray that we raise the last $600 a month soon
- Finish the visa application process – now that we have our work permits, we can apply for our visas. This process typically takes less time, but we are still in prayer that all would go smoothly.
- Saying goodbye (for now) to our family and friends – It will be three to four years before we come back to the States for a visit, so we want to love our families well and leave them well (for now)